A Lenten Journey
Our Lenten journey begins on Ash Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
These forty days are a time of special grace and mercy from the Lord; a time for conversion and repentance leading to rebirth through the passion, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Some important reminders and guidelines for Lent are given below.
- Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of abstinence from meat for those who are 14 years of age and older. They are also days of fast (one full meal and two small meals, with nothing eaten between the meals) for adults from 18 to 59 years of age.
- All Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence from meat for those 14 years of age and older.
- Lent is a most suitable time to receive the forgiveness of sins through the Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance or Confession). Personal sacrifices during Lent are a healthy spiritual discipline; they united us more intimately to the sacrifice of Christ. The tradition of “giving up something” for Lent is still encouraged. In addition, one might take on a particular spiritual or charitable practice during Lent.
Stations of the Cross
Stations of the Cross are held every Friday at 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM in English and 7:30 PM in Spanish.
Join us in the Parish Social Hall for a Lenten Supper from 5:00 to 7:30 PM every Friday during Lent.
Annual Lenten Missions
This year there will be two Lenten Missions; one presented in English and the second in Spanish. Dates and times are below.
Spanish: March 18-20 led by Fr. Flavio Montes “The Message of the Cross”
English: March 25-27 led by Fr. Bryan Garcia “Who do you Say I am?”
Reconciliation (Confessions / Penance)
Throughout Lent, there will be numerous opportunities for Confession. Confessions will be held during the normal schedule on Saturdays from 4:30 to 5:30PM and on Sundays from 9:00-9:30AM, 11:00-11:30AM, and 1:00-1:30PM and Tuesday, April 2nd from 3:00PM to 5:00PM. Confessions will also be available On Tuesday night during the Lenten missions on March 19th and March 26th.
Reconciliation (Confession) Weekend Event:
- Friday, April 5th 7:00PM – 9:00PM
- Saturday, April 6th 2:30PM – 5:30PM
Opportunities for Confession during Holy Week:
- Monday, April 15th: 5:00PM-6:30PM
- Tuesday, April 16th: 5:00-6:30PM
- Wednesday, April 17th 5:00PM – 6:30PM
- Friday, April 18th 8:30AM – 10:30AM
FORMED is a a revolutionary online platform that provides access to the best Catholic audio talks, movies, ebooks, and video-based studies from trusted providers. There are numerous resources for Lent available, one of which is the Lenten reflections. Visit: https://formed.org/promo/lent-registration
FORMED is available for FREE to all parishioners of Saint Andrew, by creating a personal account by following the link below.