To View in Spanish: Select Spanish in the Drop Down Menu in Upper Right Corner of the Website
Thank you for allowing us to collaborate with you in your child’s faith formation. At Saint Andrew Religious Education program we are committed to help you foster your children’s faith, and to assist you in your role as catechist by providing an environment that will allow your children to learn, experience and grow as members of the Catholic Faith and disciples of Jesus.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states in #2226: “ Education in the faith by the parents should begin in the child’s earliest years. This already happens when family members help one another to grow in faith by the witness of a Christian life in keeping with the Gospel. Family catechesis precedes, accompanies, and enriches other forms of instruction in the faith. Parents have the mission of teaching their children to pray and to discover their vocation as children of God. The parish is the Eucharistic community and the heart of the liturgical life of Christian families; it is a privileged place for the catechesis of children and parents.”
Saint Andrew Religious Education Program offers the following Catechetical/Faith Formation classes:
- Systematic Religious Education for students in Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation
- Sacramental preparation for Baptism for children ages 7 to 17. If the student is not baptized, he/she will be place in a first year sacrament formation class.
The Archdiocese of Miami Sacramental Guidelines state that: “young people, who have been baptized as infants, should be catechized for the reception of any sacrament for a period of at least two consecutive years.”
The First Communion Program begins in 1st grade, though most students enroll in 1st and 2nd Grades, we can prepare students at any grade level. It’s never too late! The confirmation program begins in 7th grade.
Online Registration for 2023-2024 is now open.
- Please submit a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate. If the child is going to Confirmation, please submit a copy of the First Communion Certificate.
- $150.00 per family if registered & contributing members of Saint Andrew Parish.
- $250.00 per family for non-parish members and non-contributing members of Saint Andrew Parish.
- Tuition includes a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Registration and contribution verification will be done according to the envelope number or FaithDirect.
- An upfront payment of partial or full tuition in addition to the non-refundable registration fee is due and appreciated at the time of registration. Tuition includes a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee. A 3% processing fee will be included in online at time of registration.
- Should you need to make payment arrangements, please contact me at email@example.com or call the office at 954-905-6323
*We realize that the current situation may have created financial stress. We do not want this to deter you from registering your child/children for Religious Education. Please feel free to contact the religious education office; we will work with you in the strictest confidence regarding such matters.