To View in Spanish: Select Spanish in the Drop Down Menu in Upper Right Corner of the Website
Dear Saint Andrew Families:
Thank you for allowing us to collaborate with you in the faith formation of your child. “Parents have the unique responsibility for the education of their children; they are the first educators, or catechists. They catechize primarily by their witness of their Christian lives and for their love for the faith. When children are baptized, parents accept the responsibility to raise their children in the practice of the faith…”
(National Directory for Catechesis 234-235)
At Saint Andrew Religious Education program we are committed to help you foster your children’s faith, and to assist you in your role as catechist by providing an environment that will allow your children to learn, experience and grow as members of the Catholic Faith and disciples of Jesus.
Saint Andrew Religious Education Program offers the following Catechetical/Faith Formation classes:
- Systematic Religious Education for students in Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation
- Sacramental preparation for Baptism for children ages 7 to 17. If the student is not baptized, he/she will be place in a first year sacrament formation class.
The First Communion Program begins in 1st grade, though most students enroll in 1st and 2nd Grades, we can prepare students at any grade level. It’s never too late! The confirmation program begins in 7th grade.
- The Archdiocese of Miami Sacramental Guidelines state that: young people, who have been baptized as infants, should be catechized for the reception of any sacrament for a period of at least two consecutive years.
Placement for 2020-2021
Session 1: Tuesday Afternoon 4:15PM to 5:45PM Grades 1,2,3,4,5 Communion I & II Session 2: Tuesday Evening 6:15PM to 7:45PM Grades 7,8,9,10,11,12 Confirmation I & II Comm. & Conf. II Session 3: Thursday Afternoon 4:15PM to 5:45PM Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Communion I & II Session 4: Thursday Evening 6:15PM to 7:45PM Grades 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 Confirmation I & II Session 5: Saturday Morning 9:00AM - 10:30AM Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Communion I & II Confirmation I & II MS
This year we are providing a simple and safe way to register your children for our 2020-2021 Religious Education Program. If you have questions or would like to register without going online, please contact our administrative assistant, Katiana Rodriguez 954-905-6323 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
When: Registration for new and returning students will start June 15th, 2020. Registrations received after August 1st will incur in a $25.00 late fee per family. Our classes tend to fill up quickly; we encourage you to complete the form for the 2020-2021 school year preferably before August 1st. Students are placed in class based on space and availability.
- Please submit a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate. If the child is going to Confirmation, please submit a copy of the First Communion Certificate.
- $125.00 per family if registered & contributing members of Saint Andrew Parish.
- $250.00 per family for non-parish members and non-contributing members of Saint Andrew Parish.
- Tuition includes a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Registration and contribution verification will be done according to the envelope number or FaithDirect.
- The non-refundable registration fee of $50 is due at the time of submitting the registration.
- An upfront payment of partial or full tuition in addition to the non-refundable registration fee is due and appreciated at the time of registration. Tuition includes a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee. A late fee of $25.00 will apply to registrations received after August 1st, 2020.
- Should you need to make payment arrangements, please contact me at email@example.com or call the office at 954-905-6323
*We realize that the current situation may have created financial stress. We do not want this to deter you from registering your child/children for Religious Education. Please feel free to contact the religious education office; we will work with you in the strictest confidence regarding such matters.
Start of Religious Education Classes: We realize that some of you may not be ready to make decisions yet given all the unknown factors that we face. We also respect the fact that each family’s decision concerning what is best for them is very unique and personal to their circumstances. Our hope is to support and partner with you to bring your children and youth back together with us in a way that works for you and also complies with guidelines set by our governor, county executive and the Archdiocese of Miami. We will send you more information regarding first day of classes and safety guidelines that will be implanted in the fall. As summer and vacation season are upon us, please call the office prior to a visit. We want to ensure that someone is there to assist you!