Because of coronavirus, public Masses in the Archdiocese of Miami are suspended depriving the faithful of the Eucharist and community, as well as faith formation opportunities. Social isolation is now the new normal. But God can even work in social isolation. Paradoxically, the saints tell us that the Lord is closest to us precisely in these times.
Here are some virtual resources for evangelization and staying close to the Lord through prayer, study, and for going deeper in our faith during these fluid times.
A Prayer for Our Uncertain Times
May we who are merely inconvenienced remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we who have no risk factors remember those most vulnerable.
May we who have the luxury of working from home remember those who must choose between preserving their health and making their rent.
May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close remember those who have no options.
May we who have to cancel our trips remember those who have no safe place to go.
May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market remember those who have no margin at all.
May we who settle in for a quarantine at home remember those who have no home.
As fear grips our country, let us choose love.
And during this time when we may not be able to physically wrap our arms around each other, let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors. Amen.
– Attributed to Fr. Michael Graham, S.J.
LiveStreaming Masses at Saint Andrew:
Mass will be live streamed on our parish Facebook page on Sundays at 11:30AM in English and 1:30PM in Spanish.
- Radio Paz 830 AM: en Español, escuche en la estación 830 AM.
- Relevant Radio 880 AM or 1080 AM: in English
- EWTN in English: 8 am daily, repeated at noon and 7 pm. It can also be accessed at com/tv/watch-liveor heard at ewtn.com/radio/listen-live; or accessed at any time at: https://video.ewtn.com/daily-mass/.
- EWTN en Español: 2 am and 11 am, misa diaria del Papa desde Santa Marta; 8 am, Misa Diaria en vivo. Ir a: https://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live-es.asp; o escuchela en https://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live_player-es.asp?sat=radios
- CatholicTV Network: Sunday through Friday in English, Sundays in Spanish. Go to: http://watchthemass.com/.
On the archdiocesan website: in English and in Spanish from 6 p.m. Saturday through all of Sunday; and from 4 pm Saturday through all of Sunday on their You Tube channel. The English Mass also can be viewed at 6:30 am Sundays on WSFL-39. La Misa de Español puede ser vista a las 6:30 am los domingos en WLTV 23-Univision y a las 7:30 am y 12:30 pm. Los domingos en el Canal Sur. Visit https://www.miamiarch.org/CatholicDiocese.php?op=Television_Mass.
Television Airs every Sunday morning (todos los domingos):
- 6:30 a.m. – Misa en español en Univision 23 WLTV
- 6:30 a.m. – English Mass on WSFL 39
- 7:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. – Misa en español en Canal Sur